Our client is one of the world’s biggest players in the field of reservation systems and issue of travel tickets, their products helping to make public transport more efficient in many of the world’s biggest cities. The client cooperates with more than 200 public transport providers with their systems processing more than five billion transactions per year. The company has been on the cutting edge in this field for 25 years and thanks to new technology, can now enable travellers to buy tickets by smartphone, a big timesaver in our hectic modern world.
One of our teams is working on development of a number of intelligent solutions for public transport systems around the world. Amongst other projects, we are working on developing a new reservation system integrating third-party solutions which will be used all over the UK. We are also working on the abovementioned mobile application that will enable purchase of travel tickets, real-time viewing of a bus’s location and intelligent route planning. Another team in Košice is working on the latest generation of ticket machines in buses and trains, creating a new method of payment by which passengers can use a pay card without having to own the card of the given transport company.
Main responsibilities include testing a complex information system focusing on both back-end and front-end part of it. Particularly, we are talking about testing changes in a data base (MS SQL), Windows and web services (REST API). This information system is set in the UK a successful candidate will be in charge of the following:
- Assessing client requirements and provided design of the solution from the perspective of testing,
- Preparing a new testing plan or adjusting the already existing one,
- Preparing testing scenarios,
- Creating automated tests,
- Marking and reporting detected bugs,
- Communicating with programmers within the team as well as with client’s representative.
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards:
Starting salary 1200 € gross depending on skills and experience + benefits. The final offer for the selected candidate will reflect the candidate’s comprehensive assessment, skills and past work experience.
- Computer and testing skills
- Good knowledge of SW testing
- Experience with manual testing – advanced
- XML – advanced
- SQL – advanced
- Experience with Windows a web services testing – advanced
- Experience with automation testing – advantage
- Experience with any kind of programming or scripting language – advantage
- ISTQB / ISEB certification – advantage
- Project tracking tools (Jira / Asana / Trello / …)
- Testing tools (Selenium / SoapUI / …)
- Test management tools (Testlink / Jira XRay / …)
- Flexible with positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable with attention to detail
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Open, approachable, trustworthy
- Language Skills
- English – advanced (both written and spoken)
- Years of experience: 2+
Apply for this job
Are you interested about this job, but you’re not sure whether you fit all requirements? Send us your CV and our recruiters will find the job that fits your skills and expectations.