Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA, our client, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the nation leaders on the market with more than 10,000 heavy machinery connected units.
Cat connect solution offers a full suite of hardware, firmware, software and services to provide a high level of customization needed to offer smart solution (IoT) for technology-equipped machines.
The product is highly customizable and could be used for machines from various manufacturers, mostly in the natural gas compression area of the energy market.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated administrator who possess excellent communication skills and ability to learn. You will be part of the international team working in agile environment responsible for administration and configuration of servers, deployment of new applications and development of monitoring programs. There are several server technologies being used throughout the system starting from windows servers with IIS or hyperic cluster containers for .NET and java applications, through the Linux environments with apache using several modules, nginx with django or tornado applications up to the management of the AWS cluster.
As an administrator you will manage the existing environments, participate in release management, develop and apply algorithms for monitoring of the existing environments. Part of the job is a design of the hosting environments for various applications.
Starting salary 1300 € gross depending on skills and experience + benefits. The final offer for the selected candidate will reflect the candidate´s comprehensive assessment, skills and past work experience.
- Computer skills – administrator
- Windows server – administration/installation -advanced (mandatory)
- Linux server (Redhat) – experienced
- Cloud services – optional
- Databases (nice to have/willing to learn)
- Microsoft SQL
- Windows batch – experienced
- Bash – experienced
- Ansible / Puppet or similar (nice to have / willing to learn)
- Containers/Web servers
- Tomcat/Apache web server – experienced
- Microsoft IIS servers IIS6.0, IIS7.x and others – advanced (mandatory)
- Troubleshooting and debugging Windows based services – advanced (mandatory)
- Monitoring tools
- Icinga – basics
- Elastic Search/Logstash/Kibana/ELK (nice to have/willing to learn)
- Experience with software development (hands-on), ideally .NET programming experience (1-2yrs)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins/Nexus or AzureDevOps tools) – basics
- GIT, or another branching tool – basics
- Agile software methodology – SCRUM/SCRUMBAN – basics
- SSL, certificates, security – basics
- .NET Core (nice to have/willing to learn)
- Soft Skills (mandatory)
- Excellent communication
- Ability to learn, absorb and apply new knowledge rapidly
- Working in a team
- Proactive approach
- Working under pressure
- Language Skills
- English – advanced both written and verbal (mandatory)
- Years of experience: 3+
Apply for this job
Are you interested about this job, but you’re not sure whether you fit all requirements? Send us your CV and our recruiters will find the job that fits your skills and expectations.