Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, our client, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1,500-30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1-22 megawatts).
Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated administrator who possess excellent communication skills and ability to learn. You will be part of the international team working in agile environment responsible for administration and configuration of servers, deployment of new applications and development of monitoring programs. There are several server technologies being used throughout the system starting from windows servers with IIS or hyperic cluster containers for .NET and java applications, through the Linux environments with apache using several modules, nginx with django or tornado applications up to the management of the AWS cluster.
As an administrator you will manage the existing environments, participate in release management, develop and apply algorithms for monitoring of the existing environments. Part of the job is a design of the hosting environments for various applications.
Starting salary 1500 € gross, depending on skills and experience + benefits. The final offer for the selected candidate will reflect the candidate´s comprehensive assessment, skills and past work experience.
- Computer skills – Administrator
- Linux / Windows server – Administration / Installation
- Linux server (Redhat) – Basic
- Cloud services (AWS) (Nice to have / Willing to learn)
- Databases – Basics
- Microsoft SQL
- Windows batch – Advanced
- Bash – Advanced
- Ansible (Nice to have / Willing to learn)
- Puppet (Nice to have / Willing to learn)
- Containers / Web servers
- Apache web server – Experienced
- Java containers (Tomcat) – Experienced
- Microsoft IIS servers IIS6.0, IIS7.x and others – Advanced (Mandatory)
- Kafka (Nice to have / Willing to learn)
- Monitoring tools
- Nagios / Icinga – Experienced
- ELK – Elastic Search/Logstash/Kibana (Nice to have/Willing to learn)
Other (Nice to have / Willing to learn)
- Infrastructure understanding
- Design thinking
- Agile software methodology – SCRUM
- Continuous integration (Jenkins / Nexus or similar)
- Git – Basics
- SSL Certificates, Security – Basics
- Soft Skills (Mandatory)
- Excellent communication
- Ability to learn, absorb and apply new knowledge rapidly
- Working in a team
- Proactive approach
- Working under pressure
- Language Skills
- English – Advanced both written and verbal (Mandatory)
- Years of experience: 5+
Apply for this job
Are you interested about this job, but you’re not sure whether you fit all requirements? Send us your CV and our recruiters will find the job that fits your skills and expectations.