Headquartered in San Diego, California, Solar Turbines, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries. The turbines can be used in many different areas e.g. for pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil or for electricity generation for oil platforms, large buildings or vessels.
Solar Turbines Digital is delivery focused, fast moving and dynamic technology division of Solar Turbines whose main goal is to create innovative, practical and comprehensive solutions to help their customers manage their turbomachinery and onsite operations. The customers are global Oil & Gas, Pipeline and Power Generation companies located all over the world. The Digital team has approximately 250 people across San Diego, Switzerland and Slovakia.
Job location: Košice, Poprad
Salary info: Starting salary 1600 € gross, depending on skills and experience + benefits. The final offer for the selected candidate will reflect the candidate´s comprehensive assessment, skills and past work experience.
- Manage MySQL and/or PostrgeSQL in production/QA/dev environments including installation, configuration, upgrades, schema changes, etc.
- Provide best practices on design, availability, replication, security, audit, and backup/recovery methodologies.
- Continuously re-evaluate the infrastructure for opportunities for optimization.
- Troubleshoot database issues and maintain database systems availability and scalability within production environments
- Perform capacity-planning exercises to properly identify required hardware, software, database configuration/architecture necessary to support application needs
- Support multiple Agile scrum teams to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress
- Occasional weekend work to support scheduled maintenance
- On call to respond to and resolve application issues to ensure production applications are online
- Commit to continuous learning by updating skill sets that will help our teams and self
- Significant experience (5+ years) managing complex production MySQL database systems, preferably at a large consumer-facing internet site.
- Expert with MySQL and/or PostGreSQL: server tuning, query optimization, replication strategies, storage engines, monitoring, capacity planning, backup, HA, etc.
- Ability to develop procedures, processes and conventions to standardize database operations
- Solid understanding of RDBMS security administration
- Agile framework-based work experience is highly desirable
- Proficient in the scripting language of your choice (shell, Perl, PHP, etc) for monitoring and custom automation
- Understanding of database packaged releases, patching strategy, and enforcing standards via tools
- Experience working with Subversion, Git, CVS, or other source code management tools
- Experience with Virtual environments (VMWARE) and Cloud based systems (AWS)• Experience with CI/CD for database environments will be a plus
Apply for this job
Are you interested about this job, but you’re not sure whether you fit all requirements? Send us your CV and our recruiters will find the job that fits your skills and expectations.