With more than 10,000 customers, Masternaut is a European market leader in the field of telematics. It mainly specializes in management of fleets and staff, and services in the area of asset monitoring.
Customers use the benefits of Masternaut products for the smooth running of their companies, cost saving and effective use of assets as well as for boosting the safe operation of their vehicle parks.
Our team has the opportunity to work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies and methodologies in the world: Mobile Applications, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, Machine Learning and Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development).
As product owner you will play a key role in the product management function in taking Masternaut’s business and product strategy and turning that into a robust, feasible and competitive features which represents the best return on R&D investment for the company.
The product development lifecycle is an iterative one and the Product Owner will be involved from initial concept through to final implementation.
- Convert product strategy and vision into deliverable requirements
- Gathering and documenting stakeholder requirements, able to understand and grasp fully the nature of a customer’s problem, background and other key information.
- Working with R&D teams to refine requirements and feed into the agile development cycle.
- Supporting the development teams with required information and artefacts
- Updating product catalogues and product descriptions
- Working together with other product owners, user experience designers & development teams.
- Provide support to other areas of the business through the implementation process.
- Leadership of key product areas
- Supporting development teams with information on a daily basis
- Feature specification and planning
- Requirement capture and analysis
- Feature description
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS : The job holder will report to Head of Product Management
RELATIONSHIPS TO OTHER ROLES: The job holder will be expected to maintain effective relationships across all parts of the business
OTHER: Ability to support short term travel to any of the Company offices or customer sites. UK & Europe
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team across multiple locations
- Provide excellent service to Development, Sales and Marketing teams
- Work well under pressure, able to prioritise work load
- Excellent time management, able to hit deadlines
- Be a recognised expert on Masternaut’s core product features
- Able to identify risks and issues, and provide solutions to mitigate.
- Ability to work outside normal hours when needed to support critical activities or deadlines
Salary info: Starting salary 2000 € gross depending on skills and experience + benefits. The final offer for the selected candidate will reflect the candidate´s comprehensive assessment, skills and past work experience.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL CONTEXT:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Strong experience of working in a product owner role
- Relevant degree or equivalent
WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Fluent in English
- French language skills (advantageous)
- Knowledge of the Navigation, GIS, or Telematics industries (preferable)
- Experience with SaaS and web based products
- Agile software development practices (Scrum highly desirable)
- Experience of working as a Product Owner
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficient use word, excel, PowerPoint
- Keen interest in technology and customer experience
- Experience working with customers to understand and define customer needs
- Excellent work prioritisation and ability to deliver under pressure whilst multi-tasking
- Flexible and adaptable
- A Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude with ability to work autonomously as required
- Thorough, conscientious and honest
- Logical and pragmatic problem solver
- Confident to present to customers and senior company stakeholders
- Personal accountability
- Results oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with peers to support knowledge share and coaching
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and credibility with development teams
Apply for this job
Are you interested about this job, but you’re not sure whether you fit all requirements? Send us your CV and our recruiters will find the job that fits your skills and expectations.