We have helped to create the world’s leading maps which serve customers, automotive and enterprise customers.
Rooted in almost three decades of experience in cartography, the customer offers the world’s best maps and location experiences across multiple screens and operating systems; helps people navi-gate their lives with ease and confidence every day and everywhere; gives people a better and deeper sense of location which will be essential to live a modern urbanized life.
Our client builds maps for how people live: they are relevant, reliable and delightful every day and everywhere. Today, the company provides leadership and solutions to inspire a new generation of experiences.
- The freshest, richest and most reliable maps, uniting the physical and virtual worlds in 2D and 3D.
- Live traffic services in 42 countries.
- Creating maps by balancing on-staff map experts with 80,000 external sources.
- Keeping the maps fresh, accurate and reliable by making 2.7 million changes to them each day.
We are looking for a talented JAVA Developer to work on Digital Maps initiative. The team develops visual additions to navigation data. Work on products like 3D junctions and 2D vector signs is suitable for candidate who knows what computer graphics is. In this role the successful candidate will be participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle in Agile environment. Interact with product management to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications, assist with systems integration and ensure successful development and deployment of key components of Maps products.
Starting salary 1400 € gross depending on skills and experience + benefits. The final offer for the selected candidate will reflect the candidate´s comprehensive assessment, skills and past work experience.
- Software development of application or system components
- Software design and review
- Requirements definition and analysis
- Unit testing of developed code
- Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects
- Maintain and run tools and processes that support and automate software product release
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, or an equivalent qualification
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- Computer graphics – basic principles, 3D modeling, vector graphics (SVG)
- Experience level coding skills in Java (recent experience in back-end Java desired)
- Experience in designing scalable web services.
- Experience in deploying J2EE applications (JBoss, …)
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
- Great communication skills (including active listening and comprehending requirements)
- Knowledge of continuous integration and release management tool
- Knowledge of build automation tools e.g. maven, ant, gradle
- Familiar with SQL (Oracle,..) development.
- Proficiency in working in Unix/Linux environment
- Self-taught and self-teaching, with a demonstrated aptitude for acquiring knowledge and skills
Apply for this job
Are you interested about this job, but you’re not sure whether you fit all requirements? Send us your CV and our recruiters will find the job that fits your skills and expectations.