Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, our client, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1,500-30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1-22 megawatts).
Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
With the growth of our software product engineering business and growth of our team and project portfolio, we are enforcing our local delivery management team. We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, all-round skilled Development Manager to manage and support EDCs (Extended Delivery Center) and projects. Your core responsibilities will include timely delivery, building teams, managing relationships with internal and external partners and achieving financial targets.
- Primary focus on achieving high quality and on-time delivery through both personal hands-on involvement and delegation
- Provide managerial and/or technical support to technical leaders, managers on management of business within the business units and teams
- Mentoring of subordinates and teams to achieve constant improvement in technical execution and professional behavior based on good relationships
- Work hand in hand with Program Director, Recruitment, HR and Finance departments to ensure growth of the business and meeting delivery goals
- Support Program director and Sales to identify and win new business opportunities
- Work with Program Management Office to ensure implementation of process improvements and execution of corporate campaigns
- Work with the technical leaders, architects and managers to identify potential risks and work on risk mitigation plans
- Actively promote can-do attitude, technical growth, innovations, company culture, knowledge sharing to colleagues and partners
- Very strong communication and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers or service providers
- Experience in managing complex programs and projects
- Proven experience in successfully building teams with global companies
- Proven experience in managing people and working in a team
- Track record of successful release and marketing of finished project or product
- Ability to work in and manage through complex environments and stressful situations
- Experience developing strong business relationships in multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in Agile software development methodologies
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Software development skillset and experience considered a strong plus
- Passion for technology, software business, partners and customers
- Enthusiasm for software service provider space, especially on the local market
- Previous experience with leading a company or a startup is a plus
- Demonstrated experience communicating with C level Executives is a plus
- Leads by example
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Proactive and assertive approach
- Working under pressure / Stress resistant
- Conflict resolver
- Slovak / Czech – native
- English – fluent (both written and verbal)
Apply for this job
Are you interested about this job, but you’re not sure whether you fit all requirements? Send us your CV and our recruiters will find the job that fits your skills and expectations.
Recommend to your friend
Send the job details to your friend, who might be interested in working for Ness.